Contact us for prices!
Restore Beautiful Skin
IPL Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
Everybody loves the sunshine! Limited exposure is good for the soul and the immediate effects it has on the skin such as a tan and healthy glow are much desired. However, in the long term, sun exposure decreases the production of collagen, which in turn causes damage to the skin making it feel wrinkled and coarse and looking red and tired. Skin rejuvenation treatments will improve skin tone, texture, refine and refresh the skin by increasing the production of collagen in the skin
So a fresh start for your skin is our IPL skin rejuvenation services strategically address a number of the most common skin concerns with just a handful of treatments.
Skin Tone/Pigment Correction
Whether your born with them or acquired over the course of a lifetime, virtually everyone has one or more sun spots, freckles or skin discolouration they’d love to get rid of! IPL pigmentation correction effectively fades and removes age spots, sun spots and discolouration to greatly improve overall skin tone, texture and radiance.
How it works-
- Treatments areas such as backs of hands, forearms, décolletage and face will respond well.
- 1-4 treatments may be required, with one month between treatments.
- There are no major limitations on where can be treated.
- Some further lightening to skin tone will also occur over the following months via the lymphatic system
- If there are any suspicious sun spots, a medical certificate will be required to perform treatment on that particular region
IPL acne management targets acne-prone skin to reduce acne bacteria, breakouts and inflammation for a clearer, more balanced and healthier looking complexion.
How it works-
- Your Beauty Therapist will advise you of a skin care solution to get maximum benefit out of your treatment
- Treatments should be spaced approximately 1-2 weeks apart
Spider veins, broken capillaries, red spots and rosacea can all be reduced and removed to offer clients an even, more uniform complexion.
How it works-
- Redness may return and will require further treatments - while the capillaries are still fragile (7-14 days)
- Rosacea will need maintenance and product support, depending on the severity and other factors. The beauty therapist will be able to discuss your concerns.
Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smooth out irregularities and enhance your skin's overall luminosity for a revitalised, youthful glow with IPL photo rejuvenation.
How it works-
- Photo rejuvenation treatments increase the production of collagen in the skin to improve skin tone, texture, refine and refresh the skin.
- 4-6 treatments may be required, with one month between treatments.
Prior to treatment-
- A patch test will be performed to ensure a safe and effective treatment is performed.
- Any for of tanning such as solarium, sun, spray or fake tan 1 month prior to and in between treatments is prohibited. This also includes moisturisers that contain bronzers prior to treatment.
- Prescription strength exfoliants are prohibited 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Clients using Rosex, Rosaderm or Vitamin A need to stop 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- If any photo-sensitising medications (either prescription or herbal) are taken during the course of the treatment it is essential to advise our Beauty Therapist.
- Wear protective eye wear
- Beauty therapist may mark the area to be treated
- A thin layer of conductive gel will be applied to the area being treated
- A cold sensation initially will be felt, this is from the inbuilt cooling, then a sensation similar to a flick of an elastic band will be felt
- Treated area will feel like mild sunburn for 1-4 hours post treatment gel and ice pack will help to soothe the area
Potential side effects-
- Redness/Swelling- Anti histamines and cold pack can be used to reduce swelling
- Skin Tone Changes- Skin can become lighter or darker which is influenced by sun exposure & darker skin types
- Crusting, Blistering,Scabs , Itchiness- These side effects are highly unlikely if pre and post care instructions a re followed
- Treated area will feel like mild sunburn
- Apply post chilled gel to soothe & heal treated area
- Use a cool compress to soothe and calm redness
- Avoid excessive exercise, saunas, swimming, spicy foods, alcohol and any other activities that may raise the body temperature for 24 hours following the treatment
- Avoid abrasives and exfoliants for 1 week post treatment
- The daily application of SPF 30+ sunblock to sun exposed areas is necessary
- Expect swelling the next day for redness reduction treatments
- Expect darkening/grazing from skin tone correction treatments
Factors that will effect the result-
- Skin Colour- Lighter skin types tolerate higher fluences, thus reducing the number of treatments and vice versa. It is advised to stay as fair as possible during the course of the treatment, thus the use of a SPF 30-50+ sunscreen is essential
- Hormones- Treatment during life changes (i.e. puberty, menopause, andropause, etc) will effect the treatment outcome and results will be variable
- Environment- Overly hot or cold temperatures on an on-going basis will effect the result due to the constant dilation and contraction of the capillaries (i.e. a glass blower or freezer stocker)
- Redness Reduction Treatments- Exposure to overly hot or cold temperatures (i.e. a glass blower or freezer stocker) on an on-going basis will effect the result due to the constant dilation and contraction of the capillaries
- Skin Tone Correction- Exposure to intense heat, as well as the sun, may cause new skin tone to appear or cause existing lesions to darken
- Commitment- To having treatments at the recommended time intervals and following pre and post care recommendations is vital to achieving optimal results
- Home Care- To achieve optimal and long term results, ongoing skin care (including pre and post skincare) is essential. Your Beauty Therapist will advise you accordingly to your skin needs