Contact us for prices!
SHR/IPL Hair Removal
A permanent hair removal solution that suits your lifestyle With SHR/IPL hair removal, getting rid of unwanted hair couldn’t be easier.
Treatments are fast,pain-free and permanent SHR/IPL offers permanent hair removal where you want it most:
- Face and neck
Legs and thighs
Chest and back
Arms and hands
Feet and toes
What is SHR/IPL hair removal?
SHR is the latest in state-of-the-art Intense Pulsed Light Treatments (IPL) and is able to deliver a pain-free permanent hair removal, in as little as half the time of standard IPL.
By gradually heating the hair follicle our SHR treatments disrupt the hair follicle’s growth, so you can look forward to a lifetime of smooth skin with only occasional maintenance required. In just 6-8 treatments you can say goodbye to a lifetime of waxing, shaving and plucking!
Is IPL hair removal right for me?
While SHR IPL works best on darker shades of hair, our IPL treatments are suitable for shades of blonde and red hair.Your clinician will provide a detailed assessment during your consultation.
Factors that affect the results
Hair Colour- Darker, coarser hair responds better. Fine, fair, blonde and red hair will respond slower to the treatment. White and grey hair will not respond to the treatment.
Skin Colour- lighter skin types tolerate higher fluencies, thus reducing the number of treatments and vice versa. It is advised to stay as fair as possible during the course of the treatment, thus the use of SPF 30-50+sunscreen.
Hormones- hormonal hair (including facial hair on women and back hair on men) takes longer to respond than hair in other areas and will require maintenance treatments and results may be unpredictable. Other factors affecting hormonal hair growth, such as breast feeding, testosterone producing exercise, certain medications, thyroid and stress concerns can also impact results.
Age- treatment during life changes (ie: puberty, menopause, andropause, etc) will effect results.
How many treatments does it take?
This depends on your individual hair type. Most clients require 8-10 sessions to achieve brilliant results. Hair reduces and becomes finer from the very first treatment. For some, an occasional maintenance treatment may be required.
How does it feel?
SHR/IPL hair removal is a pain-free treatment, involving the application of heat to the skin which will cause a warming sensation. A cooling system is used throughout treatment to enhance your comfort.
I’ve had my first hair removal session. When can I come back for my next one?
SHR/IPL hair removal treatments must be conducted at intervals and this varies depending on the area getting treated.
Its important to adhere to treatment times recommended:
Face treated every 2-4 weeks
Underarms and bikini treated every 4 weeks
Body treated every 4-10 weeks
Arms treated every 6-8 weeks
Chest, back and legs treated every 8 weeks
On average most clients will require 8-10 treatments to achieve up to 80%-90% removal of hair. Hair decreases and becomes finer from the first treatment. Maintenance and touch ups are recommended thereafter 2-4 times per year.
Prior to treatment
- Any method that removes the hair follicle such as waxing, plucking, threading, epilady etc, is prohibited to and during treatments.
- Any form of tanning such as solarium, sun, spray or fake tan 1 month prior to and in between treatments is prohibited. This also includes moisturisers such as "Holiday Skin" and "Summer Glow" etc, along with bronzers prior to treatment.
- Shave the area the day before or the morning of treatment
- throughout treatments, shaving, clipping or the use of depilatory cream is allowed
- Prescription strength exfoliants are prohibited 2 weeks prior to treatment
- if any photo-sensitising medications ( either prescription or herbal) are taken during the course of the treatment it is essential to advise your treatment provider.
Redness/Swelling- known as perifollicular oedema, which is simply an irritation around the hair follicle that will resolve within 30 minutes
Pigment Changes- lighter skin types tolerate higher fluences, thus reducing the number of treatments and vice versa. It is advised to stay as fair as possible during the course of the treatment
Crusting, Blistering, Scabs, Itchiness- these side effects are highly unlikely if pre and post care instructions are followed
Our highly trained staff will design a hair removal treatment plan specifically for you, so you can achieve optimum results.
- Wear protective eye wear
- Beauty therapist may mark the area to be treated
- A conductive gel will be applied
- A cold sensation initially will be felt, this is from the inbuilt cooling, then warming sensation (SHR) or similar to a flick of a elastic band (IPL) will be felt
- Application of post treatment gel to soothe area
- Facial hair will take 7-10 days to be purged out by the body
- Bodily hair will take 2-3 weeks to be purged out by the body
- Treated area will feel like mild sunburn
- Apply post laser gel to soothe and calm redness if necessary
- Avoid excessive exercise, saunas, swimming & spa for 24 hrs
- Avoid abrasives or exfoliants for 1 week post treatment
- Application of SPF 30+ daily to sun-exposed areas is necessary
- Advise your treatment provider no later than 10 days for face and 3 weeks for body post treatment if any areas have been missed (if hair has not fallen out)
- Any concerns or questions? Feel free to ask
Please Note: There are many different brands of IPL machines and therefore you will find that there will be a is a huge variation in the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of various machines, which is often reflected in the treatment and pricing.
Call 9471 8381 to book a consultation with our skilled consultants today